I don't think Adobe's UI work has anything to do with Macs. In fact, it seems to be the antithesis of Mac UI design! :-)

Recent/current versions of FM's UI (and those of other Adobe products) apparently do not make comprehensible use of usability research! The complaints I read on this list frequently point to how the bad UI interferes with and requires extra steps to workflow. For the complex projects of Adobe's target FM users, one would think that exceptionally efficient and intuitive workflow would be demanded and required. From a user's standpoint, consistency at the expense of usability is, at best, ineffective.

As long as we keep using this (and all) Adobe products--and do so without creative and instructional criticism, their UIs will continue to be designed ineffectively. Only when users speak up with voices and dollars [insert your local currency here] is there a chance for the UI to improve.

--Karen