Dear Framers:
following my mournful complaint of finding all my referenced graphics on an
incorrect drive following a clean install of windows 64, I am happy to
report that thanks to a really brilliant plugin by Harro de Jong, anybody
can restore their original drive letters in a snap.
The plugin is flawless and scours the files--even finds referenced graphics
on the reference pages.
The plug in works by creating a two column table with the original
referenced path name and file name on the left and a duplicate on the right
column all in a regular Framemaker document. The right hand column can be
edited in any way you like, e.g. find and replace H:\ with G:\.  This little
honey badger of a utility just chewed its way through nearly 11,000
incorrectly referenced graphics!

I am sure the plugin has many other uses, for my part I found a few
misplaced .tifs. [replace with jpg].

Thanks too to other Framers, Rebecca Officer & al  who taught me about
graphics on different drives. The interesting thing was the reference
graphics which survived were on the same drive as the root directory of C:
Since I cannot fit my graphics on D and E,  I will continue to use my old
system. And hope I do not have to do another install for some time.
 Rob Shell wrote:
> My questions are
> How can I restore the proper drive letter in object properties?
Use XtraBookUtils:
< http://www.bache.name/sgml.html>
This creates a list of all graphics in the book, you can edit the paths in
that list and then the plugin will convert the paths.
Harro de Jong
Triview