Yes .. FrameMaker works directly with XML (has since FM7.1).
FM11 (and 12) even have a "code view" mode that lets you edit the XML
markup directly.
...scott
On 3/24/14 8:31 AM, Mark Soiseth wrote:
Hi,
We're finally using FrameMaker here. I've used it since 5.5.6 but
here's a situation I've not seen before.
Before, they were using Word and an XML-based authoring system. Word
did not play nicely with their automated review process, but, with
their XML documents, the author could sign the file out of the
repository, then send it automatically for review. The review and any
changes would come back directly, whereupon, the author could make
changes and check it back into the repository.
What is important here is that the reviewer can view the raw XML file;
the author does not need to convert or export anything. Now,
FrameMaker can export into XML, but doing so would break the automated
process and they would be reduced to doing like I have to do with
Word: e-mail chunks of text or save them somewhere on the network, etc.
So, my question is this: can FrameMaker work directly with XML? Or
does FrameMaker only work with its binary *.FM file?
Thanks for this. I could theoretically check this out myself, but, for
the moment, I only have the licence and not the software :D
_______________________________________________
You are currently subscribed to framers as [email protected].
Send list messages to [email protected].
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
[email protected]
or visit
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/archive%40mail-archive.com
Send administrative questions to [email protected]. Visit
http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.