Well, what I figured and is working...

I added autonumbering to my Section paragraphs. Position of the numbers at the
end of the paragraph so it doesn't throw the position off-center and tagged
with a chartag that colors it white. <$paranumonly[Section]> does work fine in
generated files providing you have this autonumbering on. Final product looks
satisfactory and this method allows me to use more files to generate from -
i.e. cross-indexing.

Any other thoughts?

Michael