From: Framers <framers-bounces+acraig=shaw...@lists.frameusers.com> On
Behalf Of Craig Ede
Sent: December 14, 2023 8:53 AM
To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
<framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: [Framers] Printing Tag Properties

Hello Alison,

Since anything can happen in a FrameMaker file that is out there in use, I
always document my templates by writing a style guide in that template going
through all the various tags, and other settings that make up a FrameMaker
file. By keeping that information in the template you prevent redefinition
of elements in one book/file from being mistaken for the sanctioned
settings. It also allows importing of the definitions of any of the elements
from the template when you have to bring a book/file back into compliance
with a template.

This worked well when have 50+ engineers working in the individual files
that make up a book, some of whom are only casually interested in not using
the Word format-as-you-go method of working.

In my opinion, any FrameMaker template should self document in this way so
that one knows the rules one is working with.

Those are my 2 cents worth.

Craig Ede