Maybe I'm missing something, but have you tried placing the cursor in the
paragraph that has the anchor for the table, after the anchor, and pressing
Enter?

-----Original Message-----
From: Framers <framers-bounces+tom.bain=icloud....@lists.frameusers.com> On
Behalf Of Tammy Van Boening
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2024 15:36
To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
<framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Re: [Framers] Table Footnote question

Hi Julie,

Great thought, but nope.  It's not marked as Keep with Previous or Keep with
Next. I know it has something to do w/ how FM handles table footnotes and
wanting to keep them all together at the bottom of the table and it's really
quirky and I used to know how to get around it, but for the life of me, I
can't remember!

Tammy Van Boening
Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
www.spectrumwritingllc.com

table has to have a footnote reference.
> There are 4 table columns, hence, four table footnotes. I have used
> the Table Footnote feature to insert the automatically numbered
> footnotes and yes, they do go after the table. Here's the rub: After
> the 4th footnote, I want to start a new page of content. I hit the
> Enter key at the end of the last table footnote and at the pilcrow, I
> click HeadLev1 in my paragraph catalog to start w/ the new content
> (and this tag is set to start on new page) and instead of a clean
> break from the Table Footnotes, the last table footnote is brought
> over to the top of the next page and AFTER this last table footnote, I
> get the placeholder for HeadLev1. I have tried 8 ways from Sunday to
> figure out how to "break free" from the hold of these Table Footnotes
> and get a c lean break on starting new text, but everything that I am
> trying keeps yanking the last footnote over to the next page. It's not
behaving as I expect in FM where after you put in a hard return and then
point and click to change the tag as needed.