Hi Framework Team,

I asked our conference social planner, JoAnna Springsteen, for
possibilities for a dinner spot where we could meet up Monday night
and actually hear one another. Here are her suggestions.

If one or more of these spots sound particularly good or bad, let me
or the list know. Sometime in the next couple of days, I'll make an
executive decision on our behalf.

Steve

Hmmm. Well Monday night we're going to go to Fado. It's a large pub
that serves food. They're having a trivia quiz night and I'm trying to
get a Team Plone together. If you guys ate there we could meet up with
you later. Not sure if the food is great or if it's all that quite
though.
Science Club would be good but it's where we're going for our official
pre-conf social Wednesday night, plus it has an all vegetarian menu
which may not appeal to all.
DC locals say Granville Moore's is supposed to be great both food and
beer wise but it's not close to the metro. Sushi Taro would be good
but you'd definitely have to make reservations to get in with that
many people.
Central is supposed to be great and it's near the conference location
but it's a bit higher end and it's another place you'd have to make
reservations.
I liked the Brickskeller when we went there. It's a bit of a walk from
the dupont circle metro but it has a huge beer menu and serves food.
It's not a huge place but I could just see a group of geeks huddled in
the corner here debating something. The locals aren't super impressed
by it but I dug it. Again, you might want to check and see if they can
accommodate a bigger group for dinner.
I know the Capitol Lounge can handle big groups but I'm not sure that
the food or atmosphere is a particular draw. The prices and food are
both supposed to be decent so it probably won't wow you but it could
be a safe bet for you to just walk in and get seated in a reasonable
amount of time.

--

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC