On 23 Dec 2008, at 13:01, Matthew Wilkes wrote:

all PLIPs should be created equal.

+1

If we're going to use Trac for PLIPs

+1

some policy on priorities

A primary guide to prioritising is: the milestone.

some policy on priorities

Already at <https://dev.plone.org/plone/report/24> I see:

* blocker
* critical
* minor

I expect the report to include other shades (of colour of priority) in due course.

I view these named/colour priorities as:

* secondary, to be considered under the primary umbrella of 'milestone'.

the same or similar workflow to what we currently have

For a moment (bite me!) defocus from the Plone 3 and Plone 4 Framework Team(s) "we", consider the _communities_' familiarity with workflow in Trac.

My twopenneth:

* allow the features that already present in Trac for Plone to be your friends

* if you have tertiary or greater aspects to workflow -- beyond (1) the milestone and (2) the explicit priorities -- then *maybe* the notional workflow is too complex.

(OT: at the moment I'm extremely passionate about keeping things simple. A side-effect of discovering triage in Chandler Hub.)

Argue please with my twopenneth and I'll bounce back with some concrete (and simple) suggestions.

Best,
Graham