FWT!

I want to introduce two additions to the PLIP process that I'd like us to add
into the Plone 4.1 process.

UI:

I'm pleased to announce that Plone now (finally/once-again?) has a UI Team.
Alex will be heading up the effort alongside Geir Baekholt, Denys Mishunov,
Sisi Nutt, and Nathan Van Gheem. I've asked them to serve as a non-blocking
vote on each PLIP, providing a group response to each submission. Their goal
will be to judge the UI elements of submitted PLIPs for consistency, usability,
accessibility, and general saneness. This should give FWT members more time to
focus on the underlying codebase. My hope is that the UI team will also be able
to serve as a resource for PLIP implementers before and during the
implementation phase, providing input on UI matters as needed.

Documentation:

In an effort to reduce the amount of time the Documentation Team needs to spend
chasing down implementers for documentation, Israel is asking that we try to
get as much of that taken care of during the PLIP process as we can.
Essentially, we'd require that implementers submit full docs (not necessarily
required to be well-written, but concept-complete) with their final code
implementation. Assistance from the doc team will be available.

I think we can get the majority of this content up front if we enforce proper
proposal structure (something we were lax on in 4.0). I'd also like to
recommend that structure be expanded to include:
        What existing documentation will need to be updated?
        What new documentation will need to be created?
        Will this require migration documentation?

Ideally, the implementers would create the documentation directly in PHC, in
the correct place, in 'private' workflow state. If updating documentation,
implementers would duplicate the current document and edit the copy. The Docs
Team will weigh in with their opinion of its status, to apprise the Framework
Team of the implementers' compliance with this requirement.

I believe Steve will be revving up the process for selecting the 4.x team in
the near future. It's my hope that with these two new additions, we can
continue to improve our process and reduce the strain on our new team.

Eric