On 10/6/2010 2:17 PM, Jon Stahl wrote:
> We already have mass upload, via collective.uploadify.
>
> We seem to have at least some work on mass download, via
> http://plone.org/products/zipfiletransport
>
> I'm sure both could use refinement.
>
>> And search/replace-all TTW.
>
> http://plone.org/products/goreplace
>
> Seems like all of these could benefit from some
> attention/love/polishing/PLIPing.

These are all add-on products, not Plone. Plone already does these
things via WebDAV. Taking WebDAV away means taking this function out of
Plone and having to install products to get the function back, which
leads to pain when products stop getting attention/love/polishing as
they do. And these kinds of things are core to content management, not
really add-on behavior.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530