Hello frameworks folks.
So, I haven't contributed to this listserv in a while, but there's something
that's been rattling around in my head for a few weeks, and I've been meaning
to do some research about if/how this would work or not, but the ongoing
Gamestop stock controversy makes me think I should throw it out there:
Has anyone previously proposed filmmakers invested in celluloid filmmaking
collectively purchase Kodak stock so that a voting block could be formed to
vote to have the company prioritize film production? I don't actually know if
this is possible or if there are enough of us to pull something like that off,
but maybe there is someone here who knows a bit more about how stocks work that
could provide some insight? I've held a small amount of Kodak stock in my
(meager) retirement fund for a little while, and have wondered what involvement
in the company this might look like.

Normally even thinking about wallstreet makes my skin crwl, but if nothing
else, the Gamestop story suggests involvement with stocks might be an
interesting avenue for activism. Reminds me of when Occupy was purchasing
people's debt and canceling it.

Any thoughts?
Mike MorrisDallas, Texas / Cairo, Egypt