On Feb 19, 2012, at 7:36 AM, <carli...@aol.com<mailto:carli...@aol.com>>
 <carli...@aol.com<mailto:carli...@aol.com>> wrote:

So why don't the teachers of these classes just REQUIRE these students to view
actual film prints?

Like, who's in charge?

I don't get this idea of the "audience" wanting this rather than that. If the
teachers want film, then that's what their "audience" gets.

I'd like to respond with something useful to everyone on the list.  It would be
a whole lot easier for me to say something constructive if Carlileb would let
us know what teaching experience she/he has had at what schools; and what kind
of student experience she/he has had at what schools.

Chuck Kleinhans