Your girlfriend's father hit the ball out of the park: the late quartets are
perhaps the best example of an "avant-garde" expression in any art. Hated in
its time (1825), vastly influential for later composers, this music still seems
new and disturbing. Can the same be said for any film experiments of the past
century? Only time will tell.

GG