Media players are terrible with long videos.

Are you playing one long file?  The ones I have used have all had a file
size limit of a few gigs, so I've had to cut up my long videos into
10-minute chunks.

Plus if you are coming from a Mac, the media players are all
Windows-formatted, so there is a file-size limit on moving media onto a
Windows-formatted thumb drive from a Mac (because of the underlying
differences in architecture of the two systems).

Almost all media players I have seen have also always have some stupid
graphic when it loops or a graphic overlay that they put over the first few
seconds of every video file.  I've heard this can be hacked by going into
the file system and deleting those graphics though (I guess by hooking it
up to a computer somehow?)

My solution has been to use an iPod touch.  It is very convoluted, but you
can get the iPod to loop a video just with the native Photos app, which I
can go into detail about if you are interested.  Unfortunately this
functionality was removed with iOS 9 that came out last fall, so I've had
to keep my iPod on iOS 8.  However, I bet there are apps that will do
this.  The iPod is generally a champ and will keep plugging along once it's
looping, but you have to do a lot of work to get it there - turn off all
notifications, don't connect it to wifi, sign out of iCloud.  Any
interruption will cause the video to stop looping.  I can detail all this
also if you are interested.

The really best solution for looping long videos these days I think is to
use a Mac Mini.

Who wants to help me design and sell a media player for artists???  It will
just loop vidoes seamlessly, it'll have good design and be user-friendly,
talk to Macs and PCs, no stupid graphic overlays, and be made for a gallery
or screening environment!!!  There's a market for this!!!