John Whitney developed motion picture slit-scan photography, and though he
didn't really use it in his own films, he did in his commercial work.  But
it pretty quickly became a standard tool for effects houses, showing up in
commercials, logos, special effects movies, etc., so there are probably
lots of examples out there from a lot of effects people.  Robert Abel &
Associates specialized in it.

Like here's one example from Abel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYFjITWXSo

Mark Toscano