I can't resist -- Otto Preminger's very crazy and widely disregarded/Skidoo! /has an acid trip. Supposedly Preminger took acid himself in preparation for the film. There's also a very great vision of some kind of dissociative insanity near the end of Edgar G. Ulmer's /Detour/.

Interestingly, I don't think you'll find much in the greatest mainline (i. e. not "derivative") "experimental" or "avant-garde" films, because they don't usually start from a basis in quotidian reality.The most unusual and "nutty" portion of Bruce Baillie's /Quick Billy /is arguably reel four, the imitation Western.

Fred Camper
Chicago