On the versions of the dogleg Berthiot I’ve used, you can change the
orientation of the finder by unscrewing a ring at the rear of the barrel. Then
the barrel detatches from the C-Mount, and can be re-positioned, either freely
or to a different position fixed by tabs and slots, depending on the model. But
I second Scott’s dislike of those lenses, and preference for the Angenieux. In
addition to being soft, they’re awkward. Folks will say the 12-120 isn’t the
sharpest lens either, but it suited my needs OK. There are also dogleg
Angenieuxs that are physically smaller, and zoom from like 17-42mm IIRC.
They’re reputed to be sharper than the 12-120...