I used a panasonic AF100 (not a DSLR) which has the ability to adjust
shutter by 1/10th of a degree, so you can eliminate flicker by tweaking the
shutter speed.  I then shot it onto a movie screen which has high
reflectivity, and projected it so the image size was about 1 foot x 1 foot,
to make a nice bright image.  My transfer turned out quite good...not film
scanner professional quality, but better than your average photo store
transfers.  I had the camera back away from the screen on a longer lens so
it was as close to the projector angle as possible.

Christopher