just a note to say that the video of me talking about Lenten fasting is one
of the lead stories on today's Beliefnet.com. I'm sure that, if you go there
and click on it, it will make the editors happy:

_http://www.beliefnet.com/_ (http://www.beliefnet.com/)

you'll see my photo rotating through among stories abt Jimmy Carter, "Angel
Meditations," and "Celebrity Depression."

I'm home working on an essay about autism today, also for Beliefnet. Two of
our grandchildren have autism diagnoses, though both are in the
high-functioning range and may outgrow it. Still, two out of eight gets your
attention. I
have a neighbor, and also a parishioner, who both had decades of experience
teaching public school. I asked, "do you think there's more of autism behavior
than
you used to see, or is it just being noticed more?" Both said, emphatically,
"there's a lot more of the behavior." I wonder if we'll ever find out what's
causing it.

********
Frederica Mathewes-Green
www.frederica.com