Our church bookstore manager reminds me to send out the link for getting an
autographed copy of "The Lost Gospel of Mary," or any of my books:

http://holycrossonline.org/our_parish/khourias_corner/

When I look at that page, on my monitor anyway, it's blank at the top--you
have to scroll down a bit. Persevere and you'll see it.

also, my typo: the Annunciation Hymn (Akathist Hymn) of St. Romanos was not
written around AD 250, but around AD 520 -- I reversed the numerals. Most
Orthodox churches offer this hymn (or portions of it) in worship on Friday
nights
during Lent. It's an annual opportunity to encounter this gorgeous ancient hymn
"in practice", as a part of worship, as it's been used for 1500 years. That's
way better than merely reading about it.

But many Orthodox Christians say the most beautiful service of the church
year is the Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts, offered on Wednesday nights
during Lent. You can't go wrong with any of these. Check local listings, and
visit
a church near you!

********
Frederica Mathewes-Green
www.frederica.com

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately
and delete this message.  Publication, reproduction,
forwarding, or content disclosure is prohibited without the
consent of the original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392