On 08/03/17 14:14, Russell Coker wrote:
> True.  I think I've done my share of work in securing Linux systems both
> directly through working on SE Linux and indirectly through finding bugs in
> various daemons and applications (often due to SE Linux policy revealing
> inappropriate things).

You'll be pleased to see that selinux gets a few mentions in the CIA
leaks :-), particularly in the Android context (eg that it prevents
normal installation of their 'RoidRage' malware, and how they get around
it).

It is a very different leak to the NSA ones. The NSA ones gave a big
picture view of the scope and magnitude of US surveillance, which
provided evidence that these agencies were not well regulated (at least
in a democratic context). The CIA leaks have the character of random
documentation about tools and processes; probably not of as much import
in a political sense, but of some interest to people working to secure
commonly used platforms.

What is interesting is that different agencies are independently working
on ways of attacking computing infrastructure. I guess duplication of
effort is the nature of a large bureaucracy.

Glenn
--
pgp: 833A 67F6 1966 EF5F 7AF1  DFF6 75B7 5621 6D65 6D65