basically the way we handle granting check in access to cvs is to look at how active
people are and how good their patches are. if a person sends us patches that tend to
break things we don't want them arbitrarily checking stuff in <grin>. also, if they are
not going to be active it is better for us to just handle the checkins... so far after
someone has sent in a few patches and wants access so they can do things more
efficiently we have given it to them.

elrod