Let's sync up.

Goal: Provide an arbitrary byte stream to the IWMReader object in the
Windows Media Format SDK.

Here is the psuedocode for what I am trying to do:

Main process                            Server Thread
                 RdrCallBack
Setup my input stream.
Start server thread
                                                Create Socket (CSocket.Create())
                                                Get port number I will listen on
(m_portno)
                                                Listen on Socket (CSocket.Listen ())
                                                Accept Connections (CSocket.Accept
(&Socket))
Cons up a URL i.e. http://127.0.0.1:m_portno/file.wma
Change into a Wide-Char string (wstr)
Open Reader (WMCreateReader(&RdrObj))
Try to open File (RdrObj.Open(wstr, &callback))

                                 OnStatus (WMT_LOCATING)

                                 OnStatus (WMT_CONNECTING)

                                 OnStatus (WMT_OPEN) err = 0xc00d002b

I never get the chance to serve up any data to anyone as the Accept in the
server thread never returns in this scenario.  Does this make things a
little clearer.

Ed Patriquin