>>The BSDA exam is for system administration, not development.

>Out of curiosity, is there a market for a FreeBSD Developer cert?

We have not done an analysis to see if there is a market. There has been
interest since we started the program, which came as a surprise to us seeing
that an open source developer can prove their skills by pointing to the code
that they have contributed. Whereas, there really isn't a way for a system
administrator to point to their body of work or for someone starting in the
system administration field to prove that they do indeed possess the technical
skills required for the job.

When putting together the exam, we work with employers to determine which
skills are needed on the job and use that information as the blueprint for
putting together the exam's questions.

Cheers,

Dru