>Number: 145231
>Category: conf
>Synopsis: boot code missing libficl build rule
>Confidential: no
>Severity: non-critical
>Priority: low
>Responsible: freebsd-bugs
>State: open
>Quarter:
>Keywords:
>Date-Required:
>Class: sw-bug
>Submitter-Id: current-users
>Arrival-Date: Wed Mar 31 08:00:18 UTC 2010
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator: Garrett Cooper
>Release: 9-CURRENT
>Organization:
Cisco Systems, Inc.
>Environment:
FreeBSD bayonetta.local 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #5 r205310: Sat Mar 20
01:32:51 PDT 2010 [email protected]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BAYONETTA
amd64
>Description:
There's a missing dependency rule for sys/boot/ficl/libficl.a when building the
loader code directly from sys/boot/<target>/ ; example:
$ make -C /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/ -DLOADER_BZIP2_SUPPORT -DLOADER_GZIP_SUPPORT
clean depend all
# ...
cc -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -O2 -march=nocona -DLOADER_NFS_SUPPORT
-DBOOT_FORTH -I/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../ficl
-I/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../ficl/i386 -DLOADER_BZIP2_SUPPORT
-DLOADER_GZIP_SUPPORT -DLOADER_GPT_SUPPORT
-I/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../common -I. -Wall
-I/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/.. -I/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../btx/lib
-ffreestanding -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -mno-mmx -mno-3dnow -mno-sse
-mno-sse2 -mno-sse3 -m32 -march=i386 -std=gnu99 -c
/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../common/interp_forth.c
make: don't know how to make
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/../../ficl/libficl.a. Stop
*** Error code 2
The workaround of course being:
for i in sys/boot/ficl sys/boot/<target>; do
make -C $i clean depend all || break
done
I didn't attach a fix for this because this does seem like this should be done
in an .mk file, not localized to the <target> specific Makefile (like an easy
solution would do).
This issue also occurs in a 8-STABLE svn based off r204443 .
>How-To-Repeat:
make -C sys/boot/ficl clean
make -C sys/boot/<target> clean depend all
>Fix:
>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
_______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-bugs
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[email protected]"