I've always wanted to get more into astronomy but never had the time or the equipment. If anyone knows of more ways to get into the subject I would appreciate it.

Matt Olander wrote:
Hi!

Is anybody into astronomy on FreeBSD? I'd love to hook up a telescope to my FreeBSD laptop and use some software to control it while we look at stars on the monitor, zoom in, and the scope moves. This would be fun taking to local astronomy groups as well as conferences :-)

Any advice welcome! If anybody has a working setup, I'd love to hear details such as the brand/model of scope and the software that you're using on FreeBSD.

Thanks!
-matt