In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Matthew Jacob
writes:
: You have to wait at least a little bit because with CVS there is no atomic
: update of a set of modules. IF make world is broken, waiting at least a
: certain period of time and then doing another update is important to
: ensure that you just simply updated only part of a an active checkin
: cycle.

Which is why when I hit this, I check the commit messages.  I also do
a cvsup to freefall (normally I just hit one of the mirrors) and see
if the problem is in the sources of the moment.  If the problem
persisits, I either see if it is trivial to fix and/or send mail to
the committer.  Sometimes, if I'm thinking, I'll see if they are
actively logged into freefall and contact them there....

I do realize this isn't an option for everybody, but has worked for me
in the past.

Warner