According to Arthur H. Johnson II:
> I fixed the sound card problem I was having.  I just commented out the pnp
> driver.  I know I will run into problems later if I ever get pnp devices,
> but its a temporary fix.

Something to remember: if you have both pcm0 and pnp, then it will be probed
as pcm0 BUT the device you must use is pcm1. That means that you need to do
"sh MAKEDEV snd1" and not "sh MAKEDEV snd0".

pcm0:           MAKEDEV snd0
pcm0 + pnp:     MAKEDEV snd1

Luigi gave a good explanation a while when he wrote pcm but I don't remember
it now :)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #73: Sat Jul 31 15:36:05 CEST 1999