In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Chris Costello wrote:
} On Sun, Sep 12, 1999, Peter Wemm wrote:
} > Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be too hard (TM) to finish off the
} > /proc/pid/cmdline stuff so that ps didn't need to access /mem and didn't
} > need setgid at all.
}
}    What about the `e' flag?

What about people who don't use /proc?  Maybe I'm misreading; is the plan
to make ps work (at least with most of the bells and whistles) only with
/proc, or is the plan to make it an option to either strip the setgid and
use proc, or to leave it and use kmem?

--
   Jon Hamilton
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]