It took me some fiddling to get a -current system from begin of September
to build present -current.

To achieve this, among other things, I cleaned up.
That box is building from source for over two years now, and there were
quite a lot of old files in the directory hierarchy.

>From rotten headers in /usr/include and strange libs in /usr/lib
(libtermcap.so.2?) to strange locale stuff in /usr/share/misc

However I might have whacked a bit too much, as Emacs (both 19 and 20)
display is messed up in textmode. vi and sysinstall however work.
And under X emacs still works. Anyone has an idea what could be wrong?

More systematically:
Is there a way to ensure that /usr/include, /usr/share/.. and such
are rebuilt properly? (No files missing, no old files messing things up)

Regards,
Marc