On 1999-Oct-13 01:03:54 +1000, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
>It took me some fiddling to get a -current system from begin of September
>to build present -current.

It might be useful if you documented exactly what you did.  This is
likely to be a very popular topic for the next few months...

>Is there a way to ensure that /usr/include, /usr/share/.. and such
>are rebuilt properly? (No files missing, no old files messing things up)

It shouldn't be possible to miss files during an installworld without
the installworld bombing out, though I'm not sure how to actually
confirm this.

I have had a couple of occurrences where my checked-out source tree
got out of step with my CVS tree (I'm not sure how this happened).
My solution here is to occasionally do a checkout into a temporary
tree and compare it with my active tree.  (An alternative would be
to squirrel away my local patches and blow away the active tree).

As for obsolete cruft in the root and /usr filesystems, you could try
"rm -fr /" :-).  Seriously, since installworld installs everything
with the current date, one way is to run "ls -ltr" on all all affected
directories and delete all files older than the installworld.

Peter
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alcatel Australia Limited