> I *know* someone else said it wasn't so, but just 3 weeks ago I had this
> very problem, with word perfect, and it works just fine now.  Are you sure
> you have a really up to date linux_base port installed?  It was recently
> changed, a *lot* of new libs added, and I'd really like an answer on this,
> whether I'm right or wrong.

Well, I found a solution to my problems with running linux-netscape and word
perfect.  It looks like it was not the linux emulation code that was at fault.

I recently installed a real redhat 6.1, and mounted it on /compat/linux.  Now
all is well--so I can only assume it is some weird interaction between the
linux_base port and my system.  Maybe it is related to using XFree86 3.9.15,
but I don't have the time to test that theory right now.

Certainly not a great solution, but if things are broke for you this at least
works.

Chris Csanady