Adam Wight wrote in list.freebsd-current:
 > x  I like the -e option when I'm root and trying to debug things.  I
 > x  think that peter's fix seems to be ideal.  You can find out about your
 > x  own uid, but no one else's unless you are root.
 >
 > I agree, but anything that runs suid has to be excluded as well.

FWIW, I'd be against removing or restricting -e at all.

Programs that put sensitive data into environment variables
(or expect the user to do that) are just _broken_.  Removing
or restricting the -e option encourages such brokenness.

Just my 0.02 Euro.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany
(Info: finger userinfo:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)