Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
>
> > In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9911182311590.338-100000@localhost> Alex Zepeda w
    rites:
> > : ps -e w/out -U only shows variables for processes owned by that user, no?
> >
> > ps -ea.
>
> Then perhaps -a and -U should be disabled?  *grin*

I can't believe this is still being discussed!  This was "fixed" two days ago
so that 'ps -e' by a normal user can only see the environment of processes
that they own.. No matter whether they use -a, -U, etc.  Root can (of course)
still see the environment of all processes.

-stable is a different matter.

Cheers,
-Peter