In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
: If people do a "settimeofday" we change the boot time since the
: amount of time we've been up *IS* known for sure, whereas the boottime
: is only an estimate.

There is one problem with this.  The amount of uptime isn't the same
as the amount of time since the machine booted.  How can this happen?
When a laptop suspends, it doesn't update the update while it is
asleep, nor does it update the uptime by the amount of time that has
been slept.  IS this a bug in the apm code?

Warner