On Tue, 1 Feb 19100, Warner Losh wrote:

> : you can't build xinstall before `make buildworld' now with old libc.
>
> I've seen multiple, conflicting reports on this.  I've not personally
> hit this bug.  What's the exact sequence one must do?

Here's what *did* work for me:
* make buildworld.  (sleep, I have a slow machine, one reason I
                     didn't want to do it again if I could help it)
* make xinstall, following the UPDATING instructions, but *without*
  the `clean'...
* make installworld.  Voila.

Oops, I've just given the answer to the question you asked in the
other message...  Bah.

barry bouwsma, tele danmork internet