Hello,

> The two tweaks I remember off-hand was that the paths to commands are
> (of course) different under a 4.0-CURRENT environment and that ndp in
> -CURRENT works a little different than in the KAME snapshots I was
> using earlier.

What point is different for ndp?

> It seems to me that most of the functionality of rc.net6 could be folded
> into /etc/network.  I've thought of writing up patches for this, but I'm
> not sure when the IPv6 initialization should take place with respect to
> the IPv4 interface configuration, starting up of daemons, setting of
> various syctls, etc.  (Also, there's some new variables that should be
> defined in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.)

In KAME environment, IPv6 related configurations are done at
last of rc.conf. So it is at almost end of configuration.

I don't know if still such kind of change is permitted to
commit or not, but if you try to make some initial patch for
it, I think that is anyway good start and very helpful.

Yoshinobu Inoue