If memory serves me right, Yoshinobu Inoue wrote:

> Hi, sorry for delay but I tried it and added some fixes
> including change of some variable names to look like somewhat
> consistent with IPv4 variables.
>
> Please try if this works in your environment.
> Other people's trials are also welcome.

It seems to Do The Right Thing for my single-homed endhost case
(unfortunately I still do not have a router I can test).  There is one
change I would make, as a result of some feedback from Ollivier Robert
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:  All instances of the variable $mroute6d
should probably be replaced by $mroute6d_program.  (Most of the
variables defining programs in /etc/defaults/rc.conf are of the form
*_program.)

> And again, thanks for creating the template. :-)
> That was very helpful and I might not have tried to make this
> because I am lazy.

Ah...I didn't very much.  Someone in your KAME project did all the
original work.

I think it's important that we get something like this commited before
the release, if we want to say we're serious about supporting IPv6 in
FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE.  It's asking a little too much of users to figure
out the right sequence of commands to bring up an IPv6 node, so that
they can stick it into /etc/rc.local or something like that.

Thanks,

Bruce.

PGP signature