> <<On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:08:24 -0800 (PST), "Rodney W. Grimes"
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> >> The maximum for full-duplex is utterly irrelevant, since the bounds on
> >> performance for half-duplex Ethernet networks come from CSMA/CD.
>
> > I will say it one last time, duplex falls out of the equations when you
> > solve for ``maximal''.
>
> Nonsense.

Either stop saying that or put up the formula's like I did that show
that duplex enters into the L2 maximal data rate.

> > It has 0 meaning in the numbers used.  Go read
> > my analysis and tell me why I can't pump 12MB/sec on 100BaseTX,
>
> By no means -- you certainly can do that, if you have only one station
> sending at a time.  Of course, a monologue is by definition not useful
> communication.

You have a very twisted definition of communication.

> > You keep throwing P(coll) in, P(coll) only occurs if your upper layer is
> > causing P(coll) by doing things like ack packets.
>
> I'd certainly like to see a demonstration of your network using ESP
> for reliability.

Have you ever calculated the BER of a controlled CSMA/CD network?  It
is something like 10^-9.  I could show you 4 working implementations
of this, but I would have to call the boys in grey coats afterwards.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               [EMAIL PROTECTED]