On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 07:48:35PM +0100, Dieter Rothacker wrote:
> No, it is not. It is 100Mbps upstream and 100Mbps downstream. You cannot get
> 200Mbps in one direction. FDX (Full Duplex) simply means that the RX and TX
> cables are used simultaneous. Due to the small ethernet frame size, it is
> next to impossible to get the full speed for data transmission.

 You're right, I stand corrected. FDX is 100Mbps wide, but bi-directional,
so it's only 12MB/s maximum theoretical speed (not including protocol
overhead and what-not) .. I was basing the original opinion posted on
assumed total bandwidth (100Mbps both ways) which is incorrect.

 I apologize for my ignorance :)