On 15 Feb, Jose M. Alcaide wrote:
> I found an annoying problem: the line drawing chars are not drawn
> in xterms. This can be tested with talk(1), grdc(6), or simply
> with a command like "dialog --yesno Test 5 15". However, it works
> from the system console, using TERM=cons25 and TERM=cons25l1.
>
> If using TERM=xterm-color from an xterm, the background color of the
> line drawing character boxes is correct, but the character itself
> does not appear.

Works here without problems (TERM = xterm & xterm-color).

Wild guess: Does your shell support 8bit-chars?

> Something appears to be broken in 4.0's ncurses...

Not here (cvsupped + new world: yesterday).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            It is easier to fix Unix than to live with NT.

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  Key fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E