* From: Luke <l...@aus.org>

 * linux_lib port. [why does it install into / anyways]

You can put it anywhere and symlink to it, like sysinstall does now,
but it has to be called "/compat" (or some other well-known place)
because of the implementation.  The string "/compat/linux" has to be
hardcoded in the linux emulator binary.  (If we move it to
"/usr/local/compat", people who use LOCALBASE other than "/usr/local"
will be screwed, etc.)

I know, I tried to change it before until I realized that it's not
that easy.

Satoshi