Donn Miller wrote:

> Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Donn Miller wrote:
> >
> > > I've got the USER_LDT option in my kernel, and I'm running an `aout'
> > > instead of `elf' kernel.
> >
> > I thought running a.out systems had been deprecated for -current and was no
> > longer supported. Since you're running a bleeding-edge codebase anyway, why
> > haven't you updated to an ELF kernel?
>
> Did that.  I installed the kernel, updated the new bootblocks with disklabel
> -B
> /dev/rwd0s2a, echo /boot/loader > /boot.conf.  Now, when I enter "-c" at the
> "boot: " prompt, it boots with the new boot loader, and never goes into
> UserConfig (it continues booting as if I never entered "-c" at the boot
> prompt).

Sorry for not answering this the first time... I'm having a little
trouble typing... :-(

At the loader prompt (which you can get at by typing anything at the
autoboot message), type boot -c.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
d...@newsguy.com

        Well, as a computer geek, I have to believe in the binary universe.