On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Brian Feldman wrote:
> >
> > That sounds like a bug, but the "boot: " prompt is NOT the new boot loader,
> > it's the semi-new boot0 (which is quite nice, Mr. Nordier). When you
> > actually
> > yet to BTX, try boot -c.
>
> Terminology errors abound here. I know, because I made many of them
> in the past.
>
> boot0 is the "booteasy" prompt (F?).
> BTX is a kernel. "Prompt" doesn't apply here.
> The twisting | is boot2. If you type something at this time, you get
> boot2 prompt. Unless you type enter, od course.
> The later stage is called "loader".
>
> So, change BTX with loader, and your advice stands. :-)

Whoops, I always end up typing the wrong thing :) boot0 is the MBR, boot2 is
the kernel loader, and they're all by Mr. Nordier.
The BTX loader does have a "prompt" by default and if you interrupt the
countdown. The prompt is, of course, Forth :)

> --
> Daniel C. Sobral                      (8-DCS)
> d...@newsguy.com
> d...@freebsd.org
>
>       Well, as a computer geek, I have to believe in the binary universe.

 Brian Feldman                                    _ __  ___ ___ ___
 gr...@unixhelp.org                           _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
             http://www.freebsd.org/     _ __ ___ ____ | _ \__ \ |) |
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ ___ ____ _____ |___/___/___/