>I half suspect that what Justin had in mind at some point was a set of common
>code that is either #ifdef'ed or otherwise preprocessed to produce a
>standalone 'SCSI-CAM' system versus an 'ATA[PI]-CAM' system.

I .75 suspect that such a marriage would be caused by the second
systems syndrome and carry no tangible benefits at the end of the
day.

I respect CAM, it seems to work out great.  It also looks like sos
driver does what it should so far.  I don't see much point in
merging the two for the benefits suggested so far.

In particular I don't want to see sos and justin spend a lot of
time haggeling over the issues for the rather meagre benefits
cited so far.

p...@freebsd.org               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!