Nick Hibma wrote:

> Jordan, you said nowadays one can simply compile a kernel < 1.44Mb and
> stick it on the disk kern.flp?

It is possible. Even more, you can add kld modules to that disk, and
then edit loader.rc to load them too, so you don't even need to
compile a kernel.

> People could appreciate this. I for one would like to make demo floppies
> to send to companies having supplied devices for USB support to show
> their devices at work.

So, anyone up for creating a web page generating custom kern.klp
disks, with features not found in GENERIC, using a cgi script? :-)

If you limit this to adding kld modules, it would be surprisingly
easy to do it.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
d...@newsguy.com

        "Well, Windows works, using a loose definition of 'works'..."