On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
>
> > In message <87so9r3x44....@muon.xs4all.nl> Peter Mutsaers writes:
> > : Is this a bug that I should report through send-pr, is it already
> > : known as a bug or is this an intentional change in behaviour?
> >
> > This is a known bug.  I thought I kludged around it in apm.c in the
> > timeframe that you mentioned.  Do you have
> >     $Id: apm.c,v 1.80 1999/04/21 07:57:55 imp Exp $
> > or newer?
>
> Yup.
>
>  *      $Id: apm.c,v 1.80 1999/04/21 07:57:55 imp Exp $
>
> and zzz (and apm -z) don't do much.  If we had ACPI support, I'd try
> hitting the power button....

I have the ACPI spec and I'm starting to get to grips with it. Initially,
I will be trying to use the static device configuration tables but power
management, docking and all that other good stuff should come eventually.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  d...@nlsystems.com
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037