>From freebsd Mon May  3 10:56:51 1999
From: freebsd
To: freebsd-current
Subject: perl failure in make world
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:56:51 +0000

Due to a failed world build which rendered sendmail unable to bind to
a socket, which resulted in my being apparently unsubscribed, and the
fact that the mailing list indexes aren't updated for a period of days,
I'm unable to to check the archives regarding this problem.

Perl is failing due to some kind of conflict in library versions:

miniperl -I/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl/lib  -e 'use AutoSplit;
autosplit_lib_modules(@ARGV)'  lib/*.pm lib/*/*.pm
Perl lib version (5.00502) doesn't match executable version (5.00503) at
/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach/Config.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl/lib/AutoSplit.pm line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
*** Error code 255

A number of cvsup's have been performed during the last two days, and this
problem has persisted, as well as clearing the source tree and cvsup'ing
anew, as well as the usual obj removal and clean build.

Any help is, of course, appreciated ;)

stay...@mrynet.com (aka free...@mrynet.com)