>I solved it by installing new miniperl before building perl itself,
>but it doesn't seem to be a good idea to use installled (maybe old
>version of) miniperl at this point.

`make world' is supposed to use the new miniperl that it has just
installed in ${TOOLROOT}/usr/bin which is at the front of $PATH.
There may be a problem with the perl build breaking $PATH so that
the wrong miniperl is found.  There certainly are problems with it
breaking $PATH so that the wrong perl is found (perl is supposed to
be a link to miniperl for `make world').

>I think the attached patch can be a nice solution.
>How do you folks feel about that?

This breaks cross compiling in much the same way as running perl from
an obj dir breaks it.  The version in the obj might not run on the
host machine.

Bruce