Andreas Braukmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> ?... yesterday I decided, that it might be the right time to
> ?actually pull the 'egcs'-switch on my 4.0-current SMP-box.
> ?I cvsupped, built and installed the world, tweaked the
> ?kernel config (newbus) ...
> ?The transition was smooth, so far.
>
> ?The question remained: ... how to easily figure out which ports
> ?are in? the egcs-caused need for a rebuild?
>
> ?ok. ... all the c++-based ones, but how to find out which ports
> ?are c++ ones?
>
> ?Is anybody out there, with hints or experiences to share?

I can suggest following:

sh# find /usr/local/bin -type f -exec ldd {} \;? > /tmp/ldd_list
sh# find /usr/X11R6/bin -type f -exec ldd {} \;? >> /tmp/ldd_list
sh# less /tmp/ldd_list

Then look at the output and find which binaries linked against libstdc++.
Howewer problem with third-party c++ libraries (like qt, kde and other
will remain).

Maxim